[OLSR-users] is there any tutorial for freifunk instalation and configuration?

Henning Wangerin (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 19 23:32:02 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 16:08 +0100, Filipe Sampaio Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> The problem with our mesh running freifunk is that we can neither bridge
> the wlan

generally I think bridging wlan and lan is a bad thing, but why do you
wand to bridge wlan and wan?

If I needed LAN-functionality from wlan I'd setup a openvpn link from
the mobile units to the lan, that would at the same time give roaming
posibilities across the entire wlan-area.

Actually I'm planning such a setup, but haven't had time to get into
details yet, as it's only a small part of my network:

- multiple wlan-cells links together by vpn links

- any mobile unode can connect to any of the networks transparantly /
automatically roaming

- lans of multible nodes bridged via openvpn in multible groups

> and the wan nor can having QoS for VoIP.

That one is particullar hard to handle, s you are on a shared (radio)
medium, but if you have sufficient overall bandwidth available it's
possible.

And BTW, please keep answers on the mailinglist ;-)

--
Henning Wangerin <(spam-protected)>