[OLSR-users] Routes never added

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 12 17:04:56 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 09:56, Thomas Lopatic wrote:
> Hey John.
>
> [node not sending OLSR datagrams]
>
> > So, it appears that the TCP stack on the .47 router THINKS it's
> > transmitting, but it's obviously not.  I want to blame this on the wl
> > driver in the new kamikaze build, perhaps it is unable/unwilling to
> > transmit broadcast messages?  That would prevent ARP from working, as
> > well, though.... now what?
>
> No idea, I am afraid. Embedded Linux is beyond me. Anyone?
>
> Hmmm. But then again, wait a second. Do broadcast pings work from the
> node that doesn't transmit?
Excellent question.  I don't know.  I can send a ping to 192.168.7.255 but
that's with the busybox ping program, which does not support "broadcast"
pings AFAIK.  When I do that, I can see the ping with a TCP dump on the .1
router, so I know it gets transmitted...  but I get no responses to it from
any router.
I need a "real" ping program built for a WRT54G that I can use to broadcast
ping with.  Anyone?

John Gorkos