[OLSR-users] DNSMasq and Nameservice plugin

Dan Flett (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 12 14:10:40 CEST 2006

> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to keep dnsmasq
> > updated whenever /etc/hosts changes, that preferably avoids
> a race condition?
> >
> > My only idea is to set up a cron job to send a SIGHUP to dnsmasq at
> > regular intervals.  It'd be nice to have something that is
> a bit more intelligent.
>
> Standard solution:
> - dnsmasq writers a PID file (either on it's own or the
> startup script)
> - The nameservice plugin gets anadditional parameter where one can
>   specify the PID filename.
> - The nameservice plugin sends a signal if the PID file is given as
>   parameter.
>
> 	Bernd

Hi Bernd,

That sounds like a great solution and probably wouldn't be hard to
implement.  Unfortunately, I'm not a coder.  I have a friend who is a great
C coder - he might do a patch if no-one else is willing to do so.

Cheers,

Dan