[OLSR-users] Using the mesh to connect to the internet

Lorenz Schori (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 23 21:39:38 CET 2006

hi

yes, you have to setup your linux box (i assume you are using linux
on your router machine) for nat (read network address translation).
some resources:
- linux NAT howto: http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/NAT-
HOWTO.html
- if you are using the gnome desktop you probably want to use
firestarter and it's "internet connection sharing" feature: http://
www.fs-security.com/.

if you have additional questions about NAT i suggest you posting them
to the mailing list of your linux distribution. it seems that you
have configured olsr correctly but not NAT.

hope it helps
lorenz