[OLSR-users] interaction between mobile ipv6 and olsr

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 23 18:48:25 CET 2005

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for reporting this. Here is Thomas' core dump recepy, could
you follow it and post the files?
Thanks.

- Andreas

1. Change to the olsrd source code directory.

2. Say "make uberclean; make" to force a complete rebuild
and to build olsrd.

3. Do NOT say "make install". "make install" would strip the debug symbols
from the compiled executable and from the plug-ins in order to reduce the
size of the executables and the plug-ins. But we need the debug symbols.

4. Manually copy the olsrd executable and the plug-in .so files(if you
use any) to the appropriate directories. ("/usr/sbin" and "/usr/lib" by
default)

5. You now have an olsrd executable with debug information and plug-ins
with debug information installed.

6. Say "ulimit -c unlimited". This will allow olsrd to dump core.

7. Run olsrd and make it crash.

8. Create a TAR of the (1) olsrd executable, (2) the plug-in .so files,
(3) the core file, and send it to me. This will enable me to find out
where exactly the crash happens.

Thanks,
-Thomas

Ignacio García Pérez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using olsrd 0.4.9, and noticed that when I take down an interface
> that is part of the mesh, it segfaults most of the time. This is the
> last it shows with the debug verbosity on:
>
> ************** TABLES ****************
> Routing table:
> ROUTING TABLE
> DESTINATION     NEXT HOP
> Old table:
> ROUTING TABLE
> DESTINATION     NEXT HOP
> **************************************
> Updating kernel routes...
> Updating kernel HNA routes...
> HNA table:
> ROUTING TABLE
> DESTINATION     NEXT HOP
> mid set: 13:05:59.709971
> 10.50.2.1:  10.50.2.40
>
> DUP TABLE:
>

> --- 13:05:59.70 ------------------------------------------------- HNA SET
>
> IP net          netmask         GW IP

> IP address       hyst   LQ     lost   total  NLQ    ETX
> 10.50.2.40       0.000  0.000  0      0      0.000  0.00

> IP address       LQ     NLQ    SYM   MPR   MPRS  will
> Segmentation fault
>

> Nacho.

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org