[OLSR-users] "route" command freezes for a while...

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Sat May 28 13:23:56 CEST 2005

Nikos,

this is a normal situation AFAIK. OpenWRT comes with enhance IP routing,
which will introduce a "route changes cache". You may want to add the
"iproute2" package (the real package, not the busybox iproute2 command).
Then you are able to issue "ip route flush" prior to "ip route ls" which
shows the main routing table currently active (the one showing up when
issuing "route -n"). To investigate further, you may have a look here:
http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/howto/2.4routing.html

P.S.: If you are interessted, you may give the Freifunk Firmware a shot.
This OpenWRT based FW comes with olsrd-0.4.9 + some minor changes, iproute2
and a web ui already included in the bin file. Refer to
http://ff-firmware.sourceforge.net/

Sven-Ola