[OLSR-users] Support for OpenBSD?

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon May 16 19:53:07 CEST 2005

Holger Mauermann wrote:
> olsrd compiles now and after some basic tests it seems to work :-)
that's great :-) Does the current CVS code compile and run ok?

> But compiling the plugins again fails with lots of errors...
As expected. AFAIK no of the plugions work on NetBSD or OSX either.

But porting the plugins should not be to much work as they mainly
consists of "high level" code.

> What about "configure && make"? Could it help to improve portability?

I'm no big fan of autoconf myself. IMO it adds a lot of unnessecarry
stuff to a project like olsrd. I like explicit ports, like the way we
are already doing it,  much better as long as we are dealing with
projects of overseeable sizes and complexity. Applications like olsrd
works on a rather low level and stuff like route manipulation, netstack
configuration etc. will most likly require different code between
Linux, BSDs and Win32 anyway. And if you end up making OS specific
code anyway, then autoconf will not make the code magically compile on
a non-supported platform, and then what's the use? So I have avoided
getting into the autoconf stuff for this project and AFAIK the other
devs agrees. It's pure KISS :-)

Using autoconf for the plugins could be an option, but I think it is an
overkill as compared to a couple of ifdefs.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org