[OLSR-users] Problem with droptime

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Mar 16 11:13:25 CET 2005

Hi Felix,

What matters when not using hysteresis/LQ is the HELLO validity time. I
take it you changed this correspondingly with the intervals or left olsrd
to calculate this automatically.
But I actually think there is a problem when not using any of the
link-quality mechanism. By a brief look at the linkset code, it seems link
entries are only timed out on the actual holding time which is vtime+6secs
by default(if no other changes occure). I am always using either
hysteresis or LQ when testing, so that's my excuse for not seeing this ;-)
I will investigate further later on.

Could you try enabling hysteresis and report back on the results?

- Andreas