[OLSR-users] SOT: Microsoft Mesh

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 22 18:48:52 CEST 2005

Ahh, the answer to my question is found here:
http://research.microsoft.com/mesh/

Seems like MS has done the normal:  taken an IETF standard and "improved" on
it:  (FTA) "We have modified DSR extensively to improve its behavior, most
significantly to support link quality metrics."

The biggest advantage that I see MS having is the ability to get more
information out of the wireless radio drivers than the OSS community is.  How
nice would it be to be able to pull per-peer SNR from the broadcom radio and
integrate that data into the LQ?  When you sign the NDA that MS does with the
radio chipset manufacturers, you get that data.

Just an idle distraction in an otherwise busy day.

John Gorkos