[OLSR-users] Dumb setup questions

salsaman (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 9 20:11:53 CEST 2005

Wolfgang 'Dreamguard' Nagele wrote:

>> Should each node have its own essid, or should they all be set the
>> same for the whole net ?
>
> how should the nodes/clients connect together if they are in different
> ssids? in ad-hoc mode that won't work. so give them the same ssid.
>
>> Is it still possible with OLSR to set a key or password, in order to
>> try to limit the nodes which can join the network ?
>
> yeah it is, olsr just sends udp datagrams on an existing connection -
> how that connection is encrypted (or not) or if it is packet radio,
> wlan or what ever is regardless.
>
> bye,
> wolfgang

Thanks for your answers :-)

I am now trying to set up routing to the internet without much success.

On one machine I have a second interface (eth0) which is wired to a
gateway on IP 192.168.1.1. In the config file I uncommented the HNA4
rule and tried both 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 and 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255
without success.

I don't understand the HNA4 line, and I am wondering if I have to use
iptables to do tunnelling or whether OLSR takes care of this. Should I
add the other interface eth0 to the list in the config file ?

Some more explanation about configuring internet gateways would be welcome.

Thanks,
Salsaman.