[OLSR-users] Re: cpu load?

Wolfgang 'Dreamguard' Nagele (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 9 12:33:58 CEST 2005

hi,

> Thanks for helping. If you think that there's anything strange in the
> code, please do feel free to discuss this with me any time you like. It
> wouldn't be the first time that we find a bug in the link quality code!
seems that we figured out what the problem was. in fact it hasn't to do
anything with olsr it self. but it could be useful for all the users out
there.

the problem was that ip_conntrack limit was far to little for the routers.
in our case it was 1024. you can check this with 'cat
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max'. if you don't need nat on your boxes
or something that relies on this just pull it out of the modules. if you
need - give it a higher value with something like "echo "50000" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max" and everything should go fine.

hope that helps.
bye