[OLSR-users] willingness vs. LQ routing

Stefan Sayer (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 30 20:33:17 CET 2005

Hello,

being relatively new to olsrd and having only briefly scanned the
archives (and only parts of the source) I've got a question regarding LQ
routing: In what respect are LQ and willingness weighted when LQ routing
is used? it seems to me that the best LQ link is chosen - regardless of
the willingness. is that true?

In my opinion the "willingness" is a very good feature of olsr mesh
protocol as it is a good user-network-interface option, and it would be
a pity to completely abandon willingness in favor of LQ.

Thanks for your answer and your good work!

Stefan

mail sent using olsr.freifunk.net in Berlin - works great!