[OLSR-users] Re: multiple interfaces?

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 26 12:00:46 CET 2005

Hi Aled,

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive bug report! This looks a lot like
the problem that Bruno reported a while ago. We've been able to narrow
this problem down to the case that two routers see each other via two
links at the same time and link quality is enabled. So, in your case 1
and 7 see each other via the wireless link as well as via the cable. The
symptoms (which match the case Bruno reported before) are that router 7
never becomes a symmetric neighbour on router 1 and vice versa.

On router 1 (note the "NO" in the "SYM" column):

> --- 00:31:06.55 ------------------------------------------------ NEIGHBORS
>
> IP address       LQ     NLQ    SYM   MPR   MPRS  will
> 10.1.5.2         1.000  1.000  YES   NO    YES   3
> 10.1.5.3         1.000  1.000  YES   YES   YES   3
> 10.1.5.5         0.900  0.937  YES   NO    YES   3
> 10.1.5.7         0.950  0.200  NO    NO    NO    3

On router 7 (again note the "NO"):

> IP address       LQ     NLQ    SYM   MPR   MPRS  will
> 10.1.5.1         1.000  1.000  NO    NO    NO    3
> 10.1.5.3         1.000  1.000  YES   YES   NO    3

I'll work with Bruno on a fix for the LQ code during the next few days.
I'll post to the list once we have updated the CVS repository with a fix.

Again, thanks for the very detailed bug report!

-Thomas