[OLSR-users] CPU load

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 22 01:20:47 CET 2005

aaron,

The gprof output shows that like earlier, the MID main address
lookup function uses very much CPU. I have now rewritten this
lookup mechanism so that the MID database is also indexed on alias
addresses - this way a search for a main address does not have to
check all entries(in worst case - which happens a lot!), but rather
does the regular hash lookup.
I'd be very interested in seeing the gprof output from running the
current CVS code on a network like yours!
(yeah, give the public CVS a couple of hours to update)

These changes might very well have introduced new bugs - let me know
if anything starts to behave strange...

PS!! Plugins that accesses MID entries must now update the datastructure
definitions for these entries.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen