[OLSR-users] does there exists any IPv6 address auto-conf pluginorsoftware

Weber, Michael J. (US SSA) (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 21 20:05:50 CET 2005

Why is it important that a new node joining the MANET the same prefix as
the rest of the nodes in the MANET?

Or, to go one step further, what requires that any two nodes in the
MANET have the same network prefix?

I have run 4 OLSRD nodes on the IPv4 side, each in a different subnet,
and each HNA'ing another different subnet (for a total of 8 subnets
involved total), with no problems. Which is what one would expect, given
layer 3 routing and all.

Is the IPv6 side that much different?

Mike