[OLSR-users] Windows: does not route/nat

Jeromie Reeves (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 15 22:35:17 CET 2005

(spam-protected) wrote:

>All is ok now. I only had to enable ICS
>
>But...
>Is there a way to make a windows-pc really routing(without nat!)?
>Or what should i use for this task?

Yes but you still will need a NAT gateway someplace unless you have a
few public IP's.
Also that is NT and up only (and i think XP Home has disabled routing).
98 has a
routing function but last I knew it was some form of PAT/NAT.

>And another question:
>
>What does OLSR do if I want to have many connections to more than one
>OLSR-user and they are for example two hops away?
>Can I have connections to all of them (say multitasking) or do some
>connections have to wait?

That is not a function of OLSR but of the node doing the routing. OLSR
(last I knew) is for setting up routing.