[OLSR-users] request for documentation of Linux OLSR source code

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 14 07:35:50 CET 2005

To build:
make OS=linux
Then, to install:
make install
Then edit the configuration file:
vi /etc/olsrd.config
(replace vi with your favorite editor) and make sure you add the
interface(s) you are going to run olsrd on.

Now finally to run:
olsrd

 From the README file:
-------------------------------------
To build:
  make OS=linux
To install(as root):
  make install
To delete object files run:
  make clean

Before running olsrd you must edit the default configuration file
/etc/olsrd.conf
adding at least what interfaces olsrd is to run on. Options in the
config file can
also be overridden by command line options. See the manual pages
olsrd(8) and
olsrd.conf(5) for details.
The binary is named 'olsrd' and is installed in (PREFIX)/usr/sbin.
You must have root privileges to run olsrd!
To run olsrd just type:
olsrd

If debug level is set to 0 olsrd will detach and run in the background,
if not
it will keep running in your shell.
--------------------------------------

- Andreas

narendar reddy wrote:
> Sir,
>      i am glad to mail u, i have downloaded linux version of olsr source
> code,
>  i complied but i don't know  how to execute in my system and lan.
>
> what steps involved in execution of OLSR linux soure code.
>
> looking forword for u r response.
>
>  with worm regards
>  Narendra.
>  M.tech II sem , NITK Suratakal