[OLSR-users] dot topology - olsr3d

Stefan Sayer (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 14 01:25:18 CET 2005

Hello,

I have hacked an opengl windows software to display olsr nodes and links
in 3d way on a map, in that way that you can fly through the net and
observe the links in realtime. it uses the dot_draw plugin to get the
information about the link from olsrd. I have put a first preview here:

screenshots:
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_1.gif
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_2.gif
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_3.gif

the executable:
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_exe.zip
the very dirty source:
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_src.zip
and some hand-drawn map tiles and some node positions for berlin:
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsr3d_map_ff_berlin.zip
(unzip over the other one, replacing double entries; press F3 after
starting olsr3d)
I had to use the cvs version; some older version did not work, and so I
put the actual compiled olsrd.exe and olsrd_dot_draw.dll here:
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~sayer/olsr/olsrd.zip

Remember to load the plugin (add LoadPlugin "olsrd_dot_draw.dll" { } to
olsrd.conf).

It displays some usage...basicall you can fly around with the cursor
keys and c/y, you can select a node with tab, and pick it with p. Then
you can move it on the map with umhjk. You can load the nodes' position
from a very simple text file which resides in map/olsr3dnodes.txt with
F3 and save it to that file with F2. there are some other keys...I let
you find it out.

actually it does not yet use all information from dot_draw, e.g. hna are
ignored. But then I think the dot_draw plugin does ignore nodes with
multiple interfaces?

This one is rather a hack - but maybe there is someone here with graphic
programming experience? It would be nice to have a good visualization of
the olsr net. Here in berlin it is already complicated to get an
overview of the mesh. It would also be nice to combine the viz with some
net debugging and statistic tool, e.g. traceroute, ping netperf.
We actually don't need 3D - I did this just for fun.

Stefan