[OLSR-users] willingness vs. LQ routing

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 8 12:52:59 CET 2005

Hi Stefan,

Currently the willingness is not considered when creating the routing
table or when selecting MPRs when LQ extensions are enabled. But, as you
say, it probably makes sense to include the willingness in the link
quality determined by a node. The lower the willingness, the worse the
announced link quality for each link in the direction from the neighbour
to the node should be.

This would then affect the ETX and hence the routing table as well as
MPR selection. Strictly speaking, we would not need the willingness
anymore, as a node's willingness is reflected by the announced link
qualities.

Thanks for your suggestion. I did not think of it before and I agree
that implementing something like this makes sense. However, I'd like to
postpone this to a later version. Let's first get the LQ code free of
bugs in its current form.

-Thomas