[OLSR-users] ICMP Redirects

lolo (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 31 12:44:22 CEST 2005

Hi Benoit

Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:

> The direct effect of using a netmask of 255.255.255.255 is that it
> removes a route over the network defined by that netmask.
>
>> BTW it was not being possible to set that value on windows XP
>> (although with found a possible hack at editing the registry at
>> the end of the day but with no testing)
>

> What was the fix? Does it removes any network routes?

Edit the network mask field the regular way (click, click, click,...)
but instead of assigning the field a classical value set it to 255.135.0.0
for instance (a value there is little chance you already entered)

Fireup REGEDIT and search for the value 255.135.0.0

Replace each found entry by 255.255.255.255

And no we didn't test if it removes any in the end the network routes.
Disable any DHCP, Restart Computer, Deactivate/Reactivate Interface,.. ?

I has to be checked. (google ?)

Benoit could you do that for us ?

Laurent