[OLSR-users] OLSRd configuration with multiple channels

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 12 19:24:11 CEST 2005

Hi!

Can I configure olsrd to use multiple channels, ie, have two wireless
cards in different channels and have olsrd to use them both as a single
mesh?  I want to deploy a large area mesh, but with little users :( ,
so, I would like to install two repeaters (two olsr nodes) at two
moutains (one at the north west, and the other at the south east :) ),
and want each of them to be at different channels (because they could
see each other, and I guess that the network could become slower if that
happend).

How would the protocol behave it this case?, will it use both channels,
ie, when one channel is busy, will try the other?  What would happend if
both repeaters use two channels and them both see each other?  The other
nodes will see these two repeaters via directional antennas, some nodes
will see each other and there will be a couple of movile nodes.

Sorry if there are too many questions, I'm not sure if I'm asking this
correctly, but I have lot of questions,

Thanks in advance,

Ildefonso.