[OLSR-users] Re: Segmentation fault about olsrd-0.4.9

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 6 14:17:21 CEST 2005

> Because when we ship a new release with my_plugin version 0.4 and the
> previous release contained my_plugin version 0.3 you will have:
> /usr/lib/olsrd_my_plugin.so.0.3
> /usr/lib/olsrd_my_plugin.so.0.4
> installed if make install implies make install_libs.
> Now, in the old configfile(which is the reason for the problems) there is
> an entry:
> loadplugin "olsrd_my_plugin.so.0.3"
> and so - the old plugin will still be loaded.

Hmmm. What about the following approach: Shall we create a symbolic link
olsrd_my_plugin -> olsrd_my_plugin.so.0.4 and then use "olsrd_my_plugin"
in the configuration file? The "install" make target would then simply
remove the link and re-link to the latest version.

-Thomas