[OLSR-users] RE: [olsr-dev] compiling OLSR code in Windows XP.

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 4 07:23:15 CEST 2005

You need to download and install cygwin including common development
tools(make, gcc, mingw32, cvs, flex, bison etc.). Then start cygwin and do:

cvs -d:pserver:(spam-protected):/cvsroot/olsrd login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:(spam-protected):/cvsroot/olsrd co
olsrd-current

cd olsrd-current

make OS=win32

Now you've got an executable 'olsrd.exe' in the olsrd-current
directory. If you wish to use the 0.4.8 code just download the tarball
instead of using cvs.

- Andreas

Abu Hasnat Sayem wrote:
> In 'README' file it states: "To compile the Windows version of the OLSR server
> or the dot_draw
> plugin you need a Cygwin installation with a current version of GCC and
> Mingw32. Simply use
>   make OS=win32  to build the olsrd executable."
>
> Do i need to install Cygwin with a current version of GCC and Mingw32 in
> windows or in linux. Let me know ASAP.
> What are the steps exactly - do i type "make OS=win32" in windows command
> prompt??
>

> Abu

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org