[OLSR-users] OpenWRT experimental and OLSR

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 1 20:38:39 CEST 2005

John Gorkos wrote:
> Well....  the problem is that I run it on my core takeout router (I have two
> gateways, but this one is the most heavily loaded), and the way I know that
> it dies is when customers start calling me to complain that their internet
> service is down.  So I'm not entirely inclined to do a lot of testing with
> it.  However, I _will_ run the latest CVS code (checked out yesterday) in a
> non-stripped mode in an effort to find the culprit.
>   I've discovered that, after spending hundreds of hours writing scripts to
> constantly monitor the status of my wireless network, that the customers are
> the best early warning system I could ask for.  Plus, when I can immediately
> fix what's broken, I gain the aura of a computer uber-god who can make the
> internet appear at will.  It tends to counter-act the "Why am I paying good
> money for crappy service" questions...
> Stay tuned for updates on the latest cvs.4.9 build performance in the
> real-world.  BTW, I don't use LQ, just hysterisis.

Hi John,

Is the wrt3 version on your repository the stripped version ?
http://www.wildcatwireless.net/wrt54g/olsrd_0.4.9-cvs-wrt3_mipsel.ipk

If it is I will give it a try on my WL500G with experimental 28 march
and feedback to the list my findings.

Aldert.