[OLSR-users] Ideas for tunneling solution needed

Frank Becker (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 25 11:29:41 CEST 2004

Michael Bauer [2004-09-25, 10:20 +0200]:

Hi,

> We got the following setup:
>
> olsrnetwork----dialupline---------olsrnetwork.
>
> and want to connect both olrs networks, the first that came into our
> minds was tunneling between the border routers, but that does not work
That sounds reasonable. Use two networks for the two olsrnetworks.

> since ip to ip tunnels are point to point and have no broadcast address
> (and olsr does not like that). I thought of adding the tunnel interface
> into a bridge and configure the bridge (i have no idea if that works).
> Does anyone else have an idea to solve that problem?
E. g. tinc [0] can be set up as a bridging VPN, quite painless
actually.
Anyhow I don't really see the benefit of sending olsr traffic through
the tunnel all the time.

[0] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/

Bye,

Frank

--
Frank Becker <(spam-protected)>
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD