[OLSR-users] Question about configuration!

Andreas T√łnnesen (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 18 22:12:59 CEST 2004


hi,

Are you sure there is no firewall-roule blocking UDP port 968?

- Andreas

ken chung wrote:

>I have 2 computers running Redhat9 with olsrd and each has wireless
>interface that can ping to each other.
>
>When I run olsrd in both computers, I cannot detect my neighbor form
>debug message! Anyone can help me to fix it??
>Thanks
>
>PC1 config:
>
>[(spam-protected) ken]# olsrd
> 
> *** olsr.org - 0.4.6 ***
> Build date: Sep 18 2004
> http://www.olsr.org
> 
> 
>hello interval = 2.00       hello int nonwireless = 2.00
>tc interval = 5.00          polling interval = 3.00
>neighbor_hold_time = 6.00   neighbor_hold_time_nw = 6.00
>topology_hold_time = 15.00  tos setting = 16
>hna_interval = 10.00         mid_interval = 5.00
>tc_redunadancy = 0          mpr coverage = 1
>hysteresis scaling factor = 0.50
>hysteresis threshold high = 0.80
>hysteresis threshold low  = 0.30
> 
>Willingness set to 3 - next update in 20.0 secs
>Using IP version 4
> 
> ---- Interface configuration ----
> 
>Checking wlan0:
>        Wireless interface detected
>Interface wlan0 set up for use with index 0
>        Address:10.1.2.1
>        Netmask:255.255.255.0
>        Broadcast address:10.1.2.255
>Adding OLSR socket entry 5
>New main address: 10.1.2.1
>Loading plugins...
> 
>Main address: 10.1.2.1
> 
>NEIGHBORS: l=linkstate, m=MPR, w=willingness
> 
>Scheduler started - polling every 3.00 seconds
>Neighbor list(19:12:16.572914):
>Neighbor list(19:12:19.582888):
>Neighbor list(19:12:22.592890):
>Neighbor list(19:12:25.602889):
>Neighbor list(19:12:28.612892):
>Neighbor list(19:12:31.622889):
>Neighbor list(19:12:34.632893):
>
>
>[(spam-protected) ken]# iwconfig
>lo        no wireless extensions.
> 
>dummy0    no wireless extensions.
> 
>tunl0     no wireless extensions.
> 
>Warning: Driver for device wifi0 has been compiled with version 16
>of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
>Some things may be broken...
> 
>wifi0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"FYP"  Nickname:"localhost.localdomain"
>          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.422GHz  Cell: 02:02:49:49:73:BC
>          Bit Rate=11Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/0
>          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>          Encryption key:off
>          Power Management:off
>          Link Quality:19/0  Signal level:-81 dBm  Noise level:-100 dBm
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:12  Invalid misc:100   Missed beacon:0
> 
>wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"FYP"  Nickname:"localhost.localdomain"
>          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.422GHz  Cell: 02:02:49:49:73:BC
>          Bit Rate=11Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/0
>          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>          Encryption key:off
>          Power Management:off
>          Link Quality:19/0  Signal level:-81 dBm  Noise level:-100 dBm
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:12  Invalid misc:100   Missed beacon:0
> 
>wlan1     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:"linksys.wireless.org"  Nickname:"ipw2100"
>          Mode:Managed  Channel:11  Access Point: 00:0F:66:A8:17:90
>          Bit Rate=11Mb/s   Tx-Power=32 dBm
>          Retry:on   RTS thr=2304 B   Fragment thr:off
>          Encryption key:off
>          Power Management:off
>          Link Quality:100/0  Signal level:-26 dBm  Noise level:-98 dBm
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
> 
>[(spam-protected) ken]# ifconfig
>lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
>          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
>          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
>          RX packets:106675 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:106675 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>          RX bytes:7033207 (6.7 Mb)  TX bytes:7033207 (6.7 Mb)
> 
>wifi0     Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr
>00-02-6F-01-73-BC-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:42 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:165 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>          RX bytes:3920 (3.8 Kb)  TX bytes:13920 (13.5 Kb)
>          Interrupt:3 Base address:0x100
> 
>wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:02:6F:01:73:BC
>          inet addr:10.1.2.1  Bcast:10.1.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:42 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:165 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>          RX bytes:3164 (3.0 Kb)  TX bytes:13920 (13.5 Kb)
>          Interrupt:3 Base address:0x100
> 
>wlan1     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:04:23:68:7B:DB
>          inet addr:192.168.1.103  Bcast:192.168.1.255 
>Mask:255.255.255.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:1649 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:1673 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:1
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>          RX bytes:1385467 (1.3 Mb)  TX bytes:188069 (183.6 Kb)
>          Interrupt:11 Base address:0x8000 Memory:c0210000-c0210fff
>
>PC2 config:
>
>[(spam-protected) etc]# olsrd
>
> *** olsr.org - 0.4.7 ***
> Build date: Sep 19 2004
> http://www.olsr.org
>
>
>hello interval = 2.00       hello int nonwireless = 2.00
>tc interval = 5.00          polling interval = 3.00
>neighbor_hold_time = 6.00   neighbor_hold_time_nw = 6.00
>topology_hold_time = 15.00  tos setting = 16
>hna_interval = 10.00         mid_interval = 5.00
>tc_redunadancy = 0          mpr coverage = 1
>hysteresis scaling factor = 0.50
>hysteresis threshold high = 0.80
>hysteresis threshold low  = 0.30
>
>Willingness set to 3 - next update in 20.0 secs
>Using IP version 4
>
> ---- Interface configuration ----
>
>Checking wlan0:
>        Wireless interface detected
>Interface wlan0 set up for use with index 0
>        Address:10.1.2.2
>        Netmask:255.255.255.0
>        Broadcast address:10.1.2.255
>Adding OLSR socket entry 5
>New main address: 10.1.2.2
>Loading plugins...
>
>Main address: 10.1.2.2
>
>NEIGHBORS: l=linkstate, m=MPR, w=willingness
>
>Scheduler started - polling every 3.00 seconds
>Neighbor list(19:23:13.618678):
>Neighbor list(19:23:16.627502):
>Neighbor list(19:23:19.637508):
>Neighbor list(19:23:22.647696):
>Received signal 2 - shutting down
>Deleting all routes...
>HNA list:
>Route list:
>Closing sockets...
>Restoring network state
>
> <<<< olsr.org - 0.4.7 - terminating >>>>
>           http://www.olsr.org
>
>[(spam-protected) ken]# ifconfig
>eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:08:A1:31:D3:76
>          inet addr:61.239.223.149  Bcast:61.239.223.255 
>Mask:255.255.252.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:13570 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:4745 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>          RX bytes:7142739 (6.8 Mb)  TX bytes:561441 (548.2 Kb)
>          Interrupt:11 Base address:0xe800
>
>eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:FC:28:2A:8B
>          inet addr:192.168.1.101  Bcast:192.168.1.255 
>Mask:255.255.255.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:37 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>          RX bytes:4112 (4.0 Kb)  TX bytes:240 (240.0 b)
>          Interrupt:5 Base address:0xf00
>
>lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
>          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
>          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
>          RX packets:58910 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:58910 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
>          RX bytes:4017780 (3.8 Mb)  TX bytes:4017780 (3.8 Mb)
>
>wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0C:41:C5:0A:45
>          inet addr:10.1.2.2  Bcast:10.1.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
>          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
>          RX packets:30 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>          TX packets:38 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>          RX bytes:2240 (2.1 Kb)  TX bytes:2768 (2.7 Kb)
>
>[(spam-protected) ken]# iwconfig
>lo        no wireless extensions.
>
>Warning: Driver for device wlan0 has been compiled with version 16
>of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
>Some things may be broken...
>
>wlan0     IEEE 802.11-b  ESSID:"FYP"  Nickname:"FYP"
>          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.422GHz  Cell: 02:02:49:49:73:BC
>          Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Tx-Power:2346 dBm
>          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>          Encryption key:off
>          Link Quality:0/0  Signal level:-69 dBm  Noise level:-90 dBm
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
>
>eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
>eth1      no wireless extensions.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>olsr-users mailing list
>(spam-protected)
>https://www.olsr.org/mailman/listinfo/olsr-users
>  
>




More information about the Olsr-users mailing list