[OLSR-users] OLSR in real life

Ignacio García Pérez (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 7 20:58:06 CEST 2004

Currently in use for a 22 node network in Spain. Though it is definitely not
the typical case. Each node has between 4 and 12 serial SLIP interfaces.
Each interface is connected point-to-point to some interface of other node.

I'm using version 0.4.5 with minor unimportant modifications (it refused to
use point-to-point interfaces for no apparent reason), and it's been now
running uninterruptedly for about a month without a glitch.

Please someone more knowledgeable about routing in linux correct me if I'm
wrong: OSPF requires that you configure the available peer routers. Does not
have the "discover" feature of mesh network protocols like OLSR.

Regards.

Nacho.
---