[OLSR-users] generic traffic shaping to priorize olsr messages

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 31 16:09:03 CET 2004

Hi,

at the MITRoofNet they discoverd that their ad-hoc net worked ok, when
their was little traffic. With loads of traffic the routes got lost.
Why? Because the Routing messages by the ad-hoc routing protocol did
not come through anymore. I expect the same to happen with olsr.

Therefore, I thought of writing a traffic shaping script, based on
hierachical token bucket (htb) and tc. The shortcoming of this idea is
that it will only work on linux (which needs to be compiled with htb
support). Any other ideas on how to overcome the above problem (for
other OSes) in a generic way?

Jens