[OLSR-users] Connect via IPC

Lindner (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 14 12:44:13 CET 2004

Jens Nachtigall wrote:

>>Everything but the check on allowed networks should be in there.
>>

>Wouldn't it be better if olsrd only listened to these allowed networks,
>instead of listening to :::* and then checking within the code (take
>this as a FR ;-).

Correct if I'm wrong but I think (at least in some cases) it would be
rather useless.
An example: My IP is 172.16.1.123, your IP is 172.16.111.2  and I want
you to connect. How should olsrd bind to that interface ?
A better solution would be a clear declaration of the interface(s) to
bind to.

The olsr-gui still needs an option to connect to IPs other than
localhost or do I need to recompile the cvs-snapshot ?

Marek