[OLSR-users] Connect via IPC

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 11 21:53:57 CET 2004

Allrighty,

This is what the new ipc config section looks like now:

# Allow processes like the GUI front-end
# to connect to the daemon.

IpcConnect
{
      # Determines how many simultaneously
      # IPC connections that will be allowed
      # Setting this to 0 disables IPC

      MaxConnections  1

      # By default only 127.0.0.1 is allowed
      # to connect. Here allowed hosts can
      # be added

      Host            127.0.0.1
      Host            10.0.0.5

      # Specify entire net-ranges that are
      # allowed to connect

      Net             192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
}

(there is only IPv4 support for the IPC socket for now)

- Andreas

Andreas Tønnesen wrote:

> Well, I was think more along the lines of a config option ala:
>
> AllowedIPC
> {
>     192.168.3.24
>     10.3.0.3
> }
>
> I'll implement it at my next code session ;-)
>
> - Andreas
>
> Lindner wrote:
>
>> Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At present time olsrd will only accept connections from the loopback
>>> address. To remove this you must remove the
>>>       if(ntohl(pin.sin_addr.s_addr) != INADDR_LOOPBACK)
>>> if-test in ipc_frontend.c
>>>
>>> hmmm... come to think about it, this might be something to include in
>>> the configuration file(a list of IPs to accept IPC from).
>>

>> And to secure it at least a bit, olsrd only accepts IPs from local
>> networks as 192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x and 10.x.x.x ?!
>> The olsr-gui would need an option to connect to IPs other than localhost.
>> If you agree I'd provide a patch within next days.
>>
>> Marek

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org