[OLSR-users] dis/enabling HNA4 while olsrd is running

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 2 12:59:48 CET 2004

>> This would be a typical plug-in scenario. Actually there is already
>> a plugin(dyn_gw) that adds and removed Internet HNA4 announcments
>> dynamically based on the existence of a default route(with metric 0).
>> You should check it out.
>
> Thanks for the pointer. However, this does not do what I actually want,

Well - I realize that ;-) but it is very close. You could just replace the
check of the internal routes(check for Internet route) with a ping test.

Then again - there is the question of wether or not pinging hosts are the
way to go about this(firewalls, external host goes down ect.). But I'm not
going to debate that - it is definetly one easy and quick way of doing
this :-)

As for passing an IP to the plugin(to ping), this kind of functionallity
will probably be available for 0.4.8. There are a LOT of changes scheduled
for the next release and one of them will hopefully be the abillity to
pass parameters to plugins from the config file.

- Andreas

---------
Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org