[OLSR-users] Trying Unik OLSR v0.4.0

David Garcia Robles (spam-protected)
Tue May 25 13:44:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm a student of UPC (Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña, in Spain). Now
I'm doing my final project of wireless ad-hoc network's, concretly I'm
studing the functioning of the protocol OLSR and proving his functioning in
real scenes, I'm runing the version 0.4.0 of Unik under Linux OS (Fedora
Core 1).

I'm modifying the intervals of messages HELLO and TC to see the effect in
the bandwidth (BW) and in the time of response for routes exchange in a real
comunication. I'm have 2 intermediate nodes (PDA's Sharp Zaurus SL5500S) and
two ends nodes (portable computers) I'm try to modify this doing:

olsrd -hint 0.5 -tcint 1.25  // in each node

I see that this comands modify the neighbor_hold_time and
topology_hold_time, this is correct according to RFC3626, but my problem its
that in my intermediate nodes (PDA's) appear these messages several times:
HYST [192.168.1.4] HELLO timeout and routes end to end (between portable
computers) are not avaliable. I have the configuration file
(/etc/olsrd.conf) by default, with hysteresis active.

Someone can help me?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

David