[OLSR-users] Running two insances of olsr

Cyrille Chepelov (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 22 16:26:11 CEST 2004

Le Tue, Jun 22, 2004, à 04:06:10PM -0800, Andreas Tønnesen a écrit:

> >10.255.255.1/24, v4, eth0
> >2001:7a8:29d4:0:2a0:24ff:fea6:57a0/64, v6, eth0
> >2001:7a8:29d4::1/64, v6, eth0
> >## fe80::2a0:24ff:fea6:57a0/64, v6, eth0 ##skipped: link-local
> >## 127.0.0.1/8, v4, lo ## skipped: loopback
> >## ::1/128, v6, lo ## skipped: loopback
> >## fe80::2e0:98ff:feb5:18df/64, v6, eth1 ##skipped: link-local
> >	# (yes, my eth1 is not used right now: just got around to
> >	# checking that it's a prism54 and that's all I had the time to
> >	# do)
> >
> >Now, for each of the specific three addresses above, create a listening
> >socket. Have exactly one ipv6 per physical interface join the multicast
> >group and send broadcast messages? Not sure. Initially we might just
> >leave duplicate traffic, maybe we'd better have one ipv6 address per
> >network perform multicast duties. Or maybe the RFC covers this already.
> >As you now know for each socket, whether it's supposed to receive v4 or
> >v6 traffic, you can run the correct packet parser.

> I am [NOT]following you here. Wouldn't this require binding muliple
> sockets to UDP/698? If one is to create one socket for every address on
> the interface, you'll have to bind all of them to the same port for them
> to receive the traffic... Or am I missunderstanding you here?

Indeed, you need to bind multiple sockets to udp/698, which is fine as long as
no two sockets are bound to the same (address,proto,port) tuple. This is
not

> Anyways, you still need the socket to device binding for the outgoing
> traffic to be able to control on whay interface traffic is sent.

<untested>
You should be able to pick one socket per interface as the "outbound" socket,
and use it to send the (broad|multi)casts. struct socket_entry probably
needs another field, "relevant interface". Walk the list of struct socket_entry until you found a socket that is the right ip dialect on the right interface,
and broadcast away!
</untested>

	-- Cyrille