[OLSR-users] Running two insances of olsr

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 22 23:46:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

the quick-and-dirty way of doing this is to use different UDP ports
for the two instances. E.g. you change the definition of OLSRPORT
in src/olsr_protocol.h from the IANA assigned port 698 to some
port in the "private" port space for all IPv6 olsr daemons.
If trying to use the same port the socket binding will crash.

I was under the understanding that UDP ports were different entities
when using IPv6 from IPv4... but this seems not to be the case. I guess
since UDP is above IP in the layered model, the IPversion is actually
transparent to the transport layer? If this is the case, then no
services can run instances in both IPv4 and IPv6 binding to the same
port...
Please clarify if I'm wrong.

- Andreas

Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> Le Sun, Jun 20, 2004, Ã  07:22:38PM +0200, Michael Bauer a écrit:
>

>>at the moment i'm glimpsing into the sourcecode hoping i can find a
>>solution for useing uolsrd in both ipv4 and ipv6.
>

> Hi Michael,
>
> while I can't really much help you at this moment, I'd like to register
> my intention to deploy a similar setup (ipv4 + ipv6) to my home WLAN I'm
> planning for the september-november time frame.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> 	-- Cyrille

Andreas Tønnesen((spam-protected))
UniK University Graduation Center