[OLSR-users] Cross compiling issue with ARM cross compiler

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 1 05:51:04 CEST 2004

Hi Claudio,

The parse error seems to happen in one of the library headerfiles
in your cross-compilator environment. I get no error when cross
compiling...
I use gcc 3.2 as avalible from:
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/toolchain/

A pre-compiled version of olsrd 0.4.4 is now avalible at olsr.org.

regards,
Andreas

Claudio Lavecchia wrote:
> Hello to the OLSR community.
>
> I am trying to cross-compile the OLSR sources with my cross-compiler: I
> took the Makefile that is available in the package I downloaded from
> unik site and modified it as follows:
>

> #CC= gcc
>
> CC= /opt/arm/arm-linux/bin/gcc
>
> I already successfully used this cross-compiler, to compile the power
> info plugin distributed with unik-olsr, for example.
>
> When trying to cross-compile OLSR sources I get plenty of parsing errors
> tough, in fact the cross-compiler cannot even go trough compilation of
> first source fail and I do not have a clue of where those errors come
> from (I guess flags and libs are the problem).
>
> Here follows one of the several compile errors I get:
>
>>/opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/dst.h:67: parse error before '}' token
>>/opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/dst.h:77: parse error before "__u32"
>>/opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/dst.h:85: parse error before "atomic_t"
>>/opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/dst.h:87: parse error before '}' token
>>In file included from /opt/arm/include/linux/sched.h:13,
>>                 from /opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/inetpeer.h:14,
>>                 from /opt/arm/arm-linux/sys-include/net/route.h:29,
>>                 from src/defs.h:28,
>>                 from src/interface.c:23:
>>/opt/arm/include/linux/times.h:5: parse error before "clock_t"
>>/opt/arm/include/linux/times.h:7: parse error before "tms_cutime"
>>/opt/arm/include/linux/times.h:8: parse error before "tms_cstime"
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thank you.

Andreas Tønnesen((spam-protected))
UniK University Graduation Center