[OLSR-users] Maximum message size

Toan Hoang (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 26 13:10:21 CEST 2004

Thank you for the reply...

I need to send alot of data (alot = more then 32Kb)...
In OLSR-plugin, I can see a place where I can set the size of the my own
packets to what ever I want(I think, the default is 512 though)....

What I wonder is if I set my own packets to, let's say, 4096 bytes... will
OLSR fragment it before it sends? I could also try to change the OLSR
packet size to 1024 (or more) and then use that as my own packet size...

Another solution is to set my packets to OLSR max size (512), but then it
will give ALOT of traffic... (64 packets flooding the whole net) :-(

Do anybody have any clue how to best solve my problem?

Toan

Matteo Martincigh said:
> The maximum size of an OLSR packet (not message!) is 512 bytes

trying to send alot of data, and want to avoid fragmantation...

>> Toan

> Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.
>
> ===================================================================CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE
> This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the
message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is
prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the
message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
(spam-protected) Thank you

What you do in life, echoes in eternity...

--
What you do in life, echoes in eternity...