[OLSR-users] topology visualization

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 17 11:02:58 CET 2004

Bruno Randolf wrote:

[text deleted]

> i have hacked together a little perl script which connects to this port and
> displays this information. it uses the graphviz and imagemagick pacakges for
> generating and viewing the images, and really is quite a hack. but its very
> interresting and helpful to actually see the network topology graphically, i
> think.

Thanks for this Bruno.

I only have one issue with this:
In your script you use "display -update 5" to update the picture every 5
seconds, right?

When I run this script, the picture does not update even if I see that
the date on the file /tmp/topology.png changes.. Do you have the same
problem?

This is on a stock RH8.0 machine, maybe my ImageMagic-version is too old
or someting...

Anyway, nice "hack"!

--
Roar