[OLSR-users] A question of olsrd

Nikolaos Tsarmpopoulos (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 10 17:24:31 CET 2004

Ping does not use OLSR, but they answer to your question is YES.

Simply put, if you run olsrd on one shell (on router A) and from another shell (on same router A) you ping to another IP device, your router will use the routing table in order to decide where the packet should be sent.

The routing table is populated by olsrd, therefore you are using OLSR.

Nikos