[OLSR-users] HUP signal handling

Pawel Foremski (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 4 15:51:48 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm testing olsrd 0.4.8 (20041204) and I noticed it fails to restart properly
after receiving a HUP signal if IPC is enabled. After those 3 seconds which
new child waits to restart olsrd, IPC says that address is already in use and
exits with an error. Is this because current HUP handling is just a hack or
should I debug it more and try to find a bug :)?

Oh, and one suggestion to secure plugin: I would check if the key isn't to
small before showing "Could not read key from keyfile" message, which can be
a bit confusing for "some" users :).

Bye,

--
Pawel Foremski