[Olsr-dev] V4-via-v6, like in Babel?

Linus Lüssing (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 25 19:31:19 CEST 2022

Hi Henning,

Ah, interesting, didn't know that OLSRv2 does this. Looks like I
need to play more with it :-).

Does OLSRv2 then use these IPv4 link-local address as a mesh wide
identifier / originator address? Or just locally for the next hop
in an IPv4 route?

If the former, is there some duplicate address detection performed
over the mesh? If I'm not mistaken this would otherwise be a birthday
paradox and collisions would be probable for larger mesh networks:

#nodes -> probability for collision with 2^16 addresses
10 -> 0.0686%
25 -> 0.4568%
50 -> 1.85%
100 -> 7.28%