[Olsr-dev] [RFC] problems with multiple interfaces on the same medium + proposed solution

Conrad Lara (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 6 22:44:12 CET 2017

---- Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> >> That olsrd is very very old.
> >>
> >> Use master.
> >>

> > I agree it is an old version and will give the latest mainline a
> > test, but if this issue only occurs in master I would believe that
> > would make this a regression flaw in hello message parsing and
> > shouldn't we instead look at placing the code there instead of
> > changing how we broadcast hello's by removing data that has
> > historically been broadcasted over the network?
> >

> Once you are able to reproduce it on master and with that same setup NOT
> on 0.6 then I will look into bisecting it when I'm also able to confirm
> that.

I believe the OLSR Git repo's may be experiencing some public access issues right now (or they have moved and my notes about the location are no longer accurate) as I am unable to access them from multiple networks to obtain the latest master branch for testing.

Per: http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=summary

git clone git://olsr.org/olsrd.git
git clone http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git

(spam-protected):~/olsrd$ git clone http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git
Cloning into 'olsrd'...
fatal: unable to access 'http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

(spam-protected):~/olsrd$ git clone git://olsr.org/olsrd.git
Cloning into 'olsrd'...
fatal: unable to connect to olsr.org:
olsr.org[0: 193.238.157.30]: errno=Connection timed out
olsr.org[1: 2a02:60:1:1::c]: errno=Connection timed out

http://www.olsr.org has the following error preventing me from double checking the main page for the git repo address.

"A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software."