[Olsr-dev] some thinking about the constant metric

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 30 14:16:08 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:43 PM, work_xl <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am now reading the constant metric plugin code and have got a question
> about the way to use it.A constant metric is bound to a link which is
> indexed with a neighbour address and an interface name.The doc said the  we
> can use 'any' to  as a wildcard(I didn't check it carefully in the source
> code),but it seems that the neighbor address must not be 'any'.
> Here is my thought, in many adhoc networks,we don't know the neighbors'
> addresses before we "neighbor" them . The olsrd2 would be easier to use if
> we could just use 'any' to map all the neighbors which is linked through one
> interface.In heterogeneous adhoc networks, a router often links different
> radios through different interfaces.So interfaces have their own metrics
> instead of globe metric is understandable.Is there any reason we don't use
> 'any' neighbor address?Or Do I misunderstand the source code ?

I have looked through the code... at the moment the "any" option is
just possible for the interface name, not for the neighbor IP. I will
put this on my TODO list because it looks like an useful feature.

If I get the feature running, would you be willing to test it?

Henning Rogge