[Olsr-dev] porting PUD plugin to OLSRDv2

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 5 17:07:09 CEST 2015

To add something Ferry did not mention
> Op 4 sep. 2015, om 12:01 heeft KRIEK Arnoud <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven:
>
> I am currently working on porting the PUD plugin to OLSRDv2. However, there are still some things unclear to me about the PUD plugin.
>

> 1.       Are all nodes aware of each others GPS position via PUD or just their own?

The position on the node itself can be provided by GPS (or other source) directly, or loopback parameter (PlParam "useLoopback" "true").

The cluster leader mechanism is for multiple MANET clusters, connected via central server(s).

> 2.       If smart gateway is enabled, do all the nodes send their Position update messages to the cluster leader?

The design choice is to have less dependency for uplink, each node is responsible sending its position to the central server. Probably at costs of a unicast message to (smart)gateway in the OLSR cluster, which would be redundant to the flooded position update message. Also, the uplink has to message aggregation.

In contrast, downlink from central server to cluster leader is highly optimized.

Teco