[Olsr-dev] why adding mac address in hello-msg

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 12 08:45:24 CEST 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM, work_xl <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I know the mac Bytes cost only a little for wifi.But I am working on a
> network in which some channels are so bad ,every Byte is important.I will
> try to set a constant metric for these channels and test the performance.

I will think about a callback mechanism so you can switch the Mac
address handling to your own code in the future... for a narrowband
radio (low to mid kbit/s) using a rawsocket to sniff out the MAC/IP
combinations might be the better solution.

I am not sure if your "constant metric" decision is a good one...
without a dynamic routing metric the routing will focus on the "long"
links, which are most likely the worst ones in your network... this is
sometimes called "worse link first" routing... ;)

Henning Rogge