[Olsr-dev] compile error on native ARMv7 / Ubuntu15.04

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 9 12:58:38 CET 2015

* Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> [09.11.2015 12:50]:
> > we can check *if* we do cross-compiling and if
> > not, set -fPIC - AFAIK this adds more code,
> > but when compiling native, we "have enough power".
>
> Is there a reason why EVERY crosscompilation should need "-fPIC" ? Or
> the other way around?
>
> I think this is really target-platform specific.

yes, it is specific:
the idea was to "just add it", because it does not
hurt on real hardware, but only on embedded systems.
(so only add it when NOT crosscompiling)

bye, bastian