[Olsr-dev] [ANNOUNCE - v1] olsrd v0.9.0 released / hotplug

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 8 10:54:08 CEST 2015

* Philipp Borgers <(spam-protected)> [08.06.2015 10:47]:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 09:42:54AM +0200, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> > I see that openwrt has a 'hotplug' script.
> > That seems entirely superfluous, olsrd itself will detect when a configured
> > interface comes up or goes down. Restarting olsrd disturbs the mesh for no
> > reason.

this is not true.

the hotplug script will fire up the interfaces on boot
and will not disturb the mesh. the reason for that is, that interface
names can change during worktime or are unknown during bootup.

but: i will review your changes during this week, ok?

bye, bastian