[Olsr-dev] Custom Routing Metrics

Shane Melton (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 23 04:58:52 CEST 2015

Working with olsrd2 sounds great if it will be less tricky to implement new
routing metrics and I would greatly appreciate your help; however I am less
familiar with it than the original olsrd, so please forgive any
misconceptions I might have.

I see that olsrd2 is very modular, being comprised of many plugins one of
which is a route modifier plugin; would the first step in creating a new
routing metric be extending from or modifying this plugin?

Also, I assume that I will likely need to have nodes send custom messages
with their own new metric values to their neighbors in order for those
neighbors to accurately calculate their routes. Would/Could this be
accomplished with modification to the route modifier plugin? Or am I
completely off base here?

Thanks again for your help,

Shane