[Olsr-dev] Improving SPF with binary heaps

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 10 07:18:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

olsrd is considered (by me and Ferry) end-of-live... we don't want
patches for the core code anymore, because they can introduce all
kinds of subtle bugs which sometimes take years to get out again.

If you want to use your idea, I would suggest looking at the olsrd2
code, which also use at the moment an AVL tree for the priority
queue... the problem is less severe there (because the metric has a
much higher range, which makes collisions less likely, but the olsrd2
code has not that many years of optimizations behind it.

Henning Rogge