[Olsr-dev] OLSR1: sendto IPv4 Resource temporarily unavailable / affects other neighbours

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 19 08:49:32 CEST 2014

* Weimarnetz e.V., Vorstand/Vereinsvorsitzender: Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> [06.10.2014 20:23]:
> i debugged more: when this happens there is a storm of OLSR-packets
> on these nodes: 200 Kilobyte/s outgoing and 100 Kilobyte/s incoming
> UDP-traffic on port 698 - this explains the situation 8-). With tcpdump
> it looks like ...HNA-messages from a "weak" connected OLSR-cloud with
> ~150 nodes. i will debug further and keep the list informed...

it seems we have fixed the issue, i does not happen anymore.
it was _not_ caused be the daemon itself or a wrong configured
node, but a seldom error in our inner-city-vpn (tinc-tunnel).

See http://www.tinc-vpn.org/
"Fixed a potential routing loop when IndirectData or TCPOnly is used and
broadcast packets are being sent."

bye, bastian