[Olsr-dev] Problem with compile olsrd on SDK AirmaxOS

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 10 14:15:17 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Waldek SPdwaONG <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One big problem for old devices UBNT like NS2 (not NS Mx models) where we
> use AirMAX OS SDK which have kernel 2.4.x and if we want to use latest olsr
> we have problem with compile (but after apply patch now OK).
> I have try use OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment on NS2 but is is not enough space
> to load olsrd with plugins

I think that depends on the amount of features you built into your router.

> and  it is very slow WEB interface compare to original AirMAX OS.

I am not sure that should be a big concern... how often do you use the
web interface of your router? Compared to the lack of a few years of
updates for your kernel and userspace tools.

> One way with NS2 NS5 etc UBNT is use Backfire 10.03.1
> but WEB interface is slowly to compare AirMAX OS for this reason we can only
> use AirMAX SDK with kernel 2.4 or Backfire OpenWRT.

I don't think I agree with this reasoning... but you should be aware
that support for your software platform of choice is somewhere between
"bad" and "not existing" in the future.

Henning Rogge